Yarra Me's Secondary Consultation is a process designed to assist schools in developing a clear formulation of a student through the development of a learner profile.
Yarra Me's secondary consultation can assist with:
- better understanding student behaviours of concern
- one-off ‘case based’ discussions
- discussion of a pathway for the school/family to seek formal diagnosis
- discussion about behavioural support approaches
- advice on classroom environments
- providing targeted resources
- professional advice about building capacity within the school team or classroom
The purpose of this service is to provide schools with the opportunity to discuss a student that is presenting with behaviours of concern in the mainstream primary classroom. Schools can provide information for secondary consultations as de-identified cases or with parent/carer consent to share information with Yarra Me School.
Sometimes, secondary consultation will help school teams to successfully navigate potential intervention pathways for the student. However, sometimes Yarra Me School staff may conclude that a referral to one of the Yarra Me School services is needed.
Secondary Consultations are time-limited. Please refer to our other outreach services should longer term support be required.
Please note: this service is currently limited to state primary schools located in the Hume-Moreland, North East Melbourne and Greater Bendigo areas of the North Western Victoria Region
FIND OUT MORE
Please direct your enquiries to the Principal, Nancy Sidoti: (03) 9478 8895 or via the request form below
TO REQUEST A SECONDARY CONSULT
Complete the form below and submit.